The end of January sure has come around quickly, and now we have entered the second month of the year! How has this happened so fast? With January going by in a blink of an eye I feel as though I haven’t had the opportunity to collect so many favourites for the month, but I have noticed a few products that I have been loving over the month which I have been inseparable from. Continue reading
Category Archives: Lifestyle
I’m still on the healthy eating bandwagon and have loved experimenting in the kitchen with healthy snacks full of sweet summer fruit, but low in the bad stuff. I had a few mangoes hanging around the house that were slowly getting soft, and I wanted to make the most of the summer-y goodness and put together a healthy snack at the same time.
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 3/4 cup of Splenda or Stevia (or sugar)
- 2 mangoes (if mangoes aren’t in season you can use 2 cups of frozen mango pieces instead)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius and prepare your muffin casings. Peel the mangoes and dice into pieces. Process 2/3 of the diced mango in a food processor to make a puree.
- Mix together the melted butter and sugar. Add the pureed mango, egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add in the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and combine.
- Once combined, add the remaining 1/3 of the mango pieces and mix together.
- Fill the muffin cups with batter. For extra something special, I like to add one extra dice on top of the muffin for decoration.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool, then devour!
Many people make New Years resolutions, and yes, I’m no different. I have set myself the task of eating better, cutting out the rubbish, and getting fit. The usual stuff. Along my travels, I came across a Perth company called the Pure Glow Cleanse, which offers juices and detox programs to cleanser the mind and body. But I wasn’t too quick to jump on the juice detox bandwagon, so I decided to do my homework. Continue reading
I was recently nominated by justanotheranimefan for a Liebster Award and by Becca from beckinablog for a Versatile Blogger Award, which I am very excited and humbled to receive. Both of these awards provide an opportunity for small blogs and newcomers to blogging to link up with similar blogs. It fosters a sense of community between bloggers and is a way to recognise great blogs in the making. For the Liebster Award, if you are nominated, you have the option to respond to the award by answering the 11 questions provided by the nominator, provide 11 facts about yourself, then nominate other bloggers with less and 1,000 follows by giving them 11 questions to answer. The Versatile Blogger Award has a similar requirement, where you share 7 facts about yourself, then nominate others for the award too. As both awards are quite similar, I thought I would roll my responses into one.
Ah Sunday evenings! My last opportunity to relax before another full week at work and university. This Sunday evening is especially important as it is the last Sunday before Christmas. After a full day of last minute shopping, I am looking forward to a relaxing evening at home to mentally and physically prepare myself for the coming week. Continue reading
With Christmas being only 5 days away now, I thought it would be a perfect time to do a little Christmas tag. Christmas has certainly come around quickly this year, but I love this time of year so I’m excited for the holidays to kick in once I finish work next week. Without further adieu, I present my responses to the Christmas tag… Continue reading